It’s been two weeks since I cut all of my delayed onset allergies out of my diet and I feel better than I have in years! In the last two weeks I’ve also had two different doctors tell me that delayed allergies are a load of crap and not to bother avoiding corn – since it’s such a hassle.
Do you know what I find a hassle? Being in too much pain to cook dinner. Having a muscle spasm in your back that hinders your breathing. Having a constant headache. Feeling like you have the flu every single night of your life. I think these things are a hassle. So if someone says to me, “Margo it’s going to be a pain in the ass but you if you cut corn out of your life you’re going to get better,” I’m going to try it.
And here I am, sitting on my porch pain free. Seriously?! Even I can’t really believe it. When I first found out what was wrong with me I read a statistic that said 50% of Fibro Warriors stay the same, 45% get worse and 5% get better. Frankly, it seemed pretty hopeless. My mother told me that I was so stubborn that I’d be one of the 5%. My response was not this time.
If you told me a month ago that I’d have a day where I could sit on my porch and not be in pain I’d call you a liar. My doctors told me it would never happen. They also told me that delayed onset allergies aren’t real. So who do I believe? My doctors who told me I’d never get better or my body that doesn’t hurt for the first time in 2 years. I’m gonna go with me.
For those of you who haven’t read any of my posts before, I’ve been writing about taking the Elisa / Act test for a few awhile. If you look to the right of this page (assuming your on my website), you’ll see a chronicle of my posts and you can go back and read about them. I don’t want you to think that cutting out the allergens was the “cure.” If only it were that simple. I also do yoga / stretching first thing in the morning, mid day and in the evening. I also do meditation / hypnosis when I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed. I believe feeling better happened because of the combination of the yoga, hypnosis and cutting out my allergens. You have to be proactive when fighting this disease. I haven’t used the term in a while but you have to be a FIBRO WARRIOR!! Kick it’s ass and show it who’s boss. Below I’m going to list how differently I feel since cutting my delayed allergies out of my system.
How I feel 2 weeks after cutting out my delayed allergens:
- I no longer have a headache every day. In fact I haven’t had a headache since I stopped consuming my triggers.
- I no longer take any type of pain killer.
- I no longer feel like I have the flu almost every night.
- My pain level in the mornings has gone from a 4 or 5 to a 1 or 2.
- My pain level in the evenings has gone from a 8 to a 10 to a 1 or 2.
- My IBS has completely disappeared.
- I am no longer bloated all the time.
- My muscle pain has decreased. I still have soreness when I move / stretch but it is lessened.
- It’s hard to explain this one but when I would sit I’d be in pain. A constant ache / burning. That is completely gone. I can sit pain free.
- Another odd one is that my teeth would literally hurt on bad days. I know it sounds odd. So far, that has not returned (but it wasn’t a daily battle so I’m not 100% positive this has gone away forever).
So there you have it. I’ll keep updating you as I go. I’m also going to work on my yoga / stretching page since I feel so much better I hope to have more time to devote to this blog. I wish I could reach every Fibro Warrior and tell them. I never thought it was possible to feel this good. I’m truly amazed.
Yours in good health,